Jul 10, 2012

*Facepalm*

Does anyone else seem to do this every.single.day?
(hehe)

When I woke up the other morning I thought to myself... "Man, that was dumb." Whether it was saying something/thinking something that wasn't really positive, or thinking about some stupid link I might have posted on facebook, or some weird comment that might have sounded funny to me but then I quickly realize the next day that maybe no one else got it, so that's why the comments ended with mine. Does anyone else ever think that? Sometimes I sit there and think to myself, "Ok. Today I need to think a little harder about what I say before I say it, or think twice about what I post before I post it, or think a third time before commenting on something and make sure it actually makes sense to others than just myself." But by the end of the day its usually this:

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one on earth who does dumb things and everyone else sees it!!
Does anyone else feel that way? And whats worse, is that I feel like that is the only thing people remember about me. How that one time, Brittany posted something that was kind of dumb. Or that one time Brittany made a comment that didn't really make sense.
I don't know, maybe I am analyzing this too much, but then again, its good to reflect upon your actions right? ....right? **slowly inching my way to the door, hoping no one else notices me**

Anyway, I was thinking about that today. I think the last couple months, I haven't done as well I I could have. I have tried to use my social media outlets for things for my recipe blog more, or actually do some of the things on pinterest and maybe post about my experiences with it. (By the way, vinegar and baking soda mixed, will NOT inflate a balloon.)

Anyone have any thoughts on this.... or am I the only "once in a while, look at me, I am so dumb" person?

(Don't worry, I am not getting down on myself, it really is just one of those facepalm moments and then you just suck it up and move on and try to do better... I am just curious if I am the only one who actually does this quite frequently.)

4 comments:

Celia's Gibberish said...

I think this is a predicament of the entire human race. I do stupid things every day and I wonder how I have ANY friends sometimes :)

Brigitte said...

Ditto what Celia said.

I think I mull things over and over in my head until ultimately I am caught in state of mind, entirely created by me, in which I am convinced the world as a whole has seen, can see, and will always see my stupidity.

BASKeogan said...

I have the regular habit of putting my foot in my mouth. I know exactly what you mean. In your case, however, I have never seen any update or anything written by you that would merit this kind of worry on your part. I think you are classy, smart and just wonderful.

The Christensens said...

Nope, you are the only one! ;-)