Jun 25, 2012

Sophie's Milestones

I feel a little bad that I haven't kept track of Sophie's milestones as well as I did with Sydney.

Here are a few things she has been up to this past month. She is starting to be able to hold herself up while sitting. She doesn't have it down really at all, but starting to.

She says more consonants: Ga-ga, na-na, Ma-ma, Da-da. Of course I won't count this as her first word because she obviously doesn't associate what she is saying with anything around her, but its nice to hear the improvement and practice she is doing.

She has had some solids now. Baby food and makes all sorts of faces. She tried avocado yesterday although I don't think she even realized it was in her mouth.

Her hand coordination is really really good. She doesn't need to focus really all that much at grabing something anymore. She can just reach her arm out and get it.

She has started doing the little swimming motion while on her tummy. Maybe she will crawl sooner thaan Sydney. I don't know how I feel about that yet.

She has been holding her own bottle for about a month and a half now. Crazy to think she could actually have enough coordination at just 4 1/2 months to do that. It was hard at first but she has it down now and can get it back into her mouth if she loses it.

I'll get her stats up after she has a checkup, cuz she turns 6 months old on the 27th! I feel like time if flying by even faster than when Sydney was a baby! I am always occupied with something to do so I guess that makes sense.

No comments: