Jun 10, 2012

New Church Calling

I got a new calling today! I am the new Beehive Advisor in our ward. I don't know yet whether I am totally siked about it, or completely terrified! Maybe a little of both. I am super excited for the new experiences. I don't know what I am required to do yet, besides teach every other week and go to the activties. When Brother Westover asked me he said that Gabe and I will probably be one of the busiest couples in the ward now. That is the part that kind of scares me I think. I will be gone every Wednesday night to mutual, and whatever other activities they plan. I will be teaching two Sundays out of the month and therefore Gabe will have to take Sophie. But then Gabe has his meetings on Sunday afternoons for his calling, Ward Mission Leader. And then he sometimes is out with the missionaries during the week or I am cookind dinner for the missionaries to come pick up, cuz Gabe isn't home from work yet and no one else signed up to feed them, or Gabe is visiting a family during the week, or I am out seeing one of  my visiting teachies, or Gabe is at Basketball, or I am at Girl's Night. But somehow, we actually find a night or two that we get to be at home at the same time and it seems like it will all work out just fine! And then on top of all of that, the choir is constantly asking us, one of us, to sing in the choir.

The next year I think is going to be a super busy one, but on the other hand, it will probably be super fun too!!

2 comments:

BASKeogan said...

I was Beehive advisor twice and also counselor over the Beehives and had to teach their lessons every Sunday. It's a fun calling. They are a lot more fun to teach than the Mia Maids, so I think you will like it. You are young and beautiful and have cute babies, that already gives you points in your favor in their eyes. And you have a cute hubby, one more plus. They will look up to you.

Brittany said...

Thanks Blanca!! I am a little nervous but hopefully those things will help me! :)