May 15, 2013

Last Leg of the Race

I'm in the last month of this pregnancy with our little boy and I will say what every pregnant woman says around or even before this stage... I am sooooo ready to be done!! AAAHHHHH!!! The heartburn, the leg cramps, the shortness of breathe, the lack of energy, the constantly messy house that just never seems to get clean, the never ending pile of dishes that again, I have no energy for. At least I started the dishwasher so I could have a space for all those dirty dishes, the smell aversions have returned, some of the nausea also. Its just a 4 week wait of absolute torture pretty much. My only relief if maybe a nap or a good nights sleep, which seems to be far and few between with the return of the minor hip and sciatica discomfort.
But, enough of the pregnancy woes! just 4-5 more weeks and then we get to hold our little boy and then the 2 -3 months of more sleep deprivation and crying and feedings. Sophie likes to wake up and cry for us a couple times a night. Time to help her learn to self soothe! Oh the joys. But on a happier note, Sydney is potty trained! Well, during the day. Night time she still wears a diaper. We had tried about 4 or 5 times with getting her potty trained and then one day she was just ready on her own and it took about 2 days and she was accident free.
Occassionally she will chose to go on the floor just to get our attention I think though. Like she will literally stand next to the potty and just go on the bathroom floor and then announce, "I peed on the floor! Not in the potty!" Totally seeking attention. lol
Sydney has quite the imagination sometimes. She loves pretending and loves having conversations on her "phone" and "cooking" with the measuring cups and making cookies with her toys. She asked me for some ginger, flour, and baking soda the other day! Made me laugh.\
Sophie is the cutest little thing with her small blonde curls and bright blue eyes. She is soo tall and skinny, except her little chubby face. She loves to read books and her favorite right now I think is Brown Bear. We read that all the time and do the signs. Sophie says, what we think is: what's this? Hi, Mama, Star, Bath, Me More, Please, All Done, her version of Butterfly, Bubbles, and Bird. She can match shapes to their right spaces on puzzles, as well as animals. Which I understand is a 26/27 month skill. Way to go Sophie. She can string beads and does very well at turn taking with Sydney. She continues to surprise us with how smart she is! She even started singing her own little version of the "Clean Up" song the other day and it is just so stinkin' adorable!
She is the biggest snuggle bug you will ever meet. She LOVES to be held, which is why she also likes to cry until someone comes into the room at night. She always wants someone to come and hold her. But Mamma and Daddy need their sleep baby girl! Hopefully her blanky and pacifier will start to be her soothers before Baby Brother comes, cuz two babies waking up in the middle of the night might just drive this woman crazy, or to a different degree of crazy she is already at. Teething is the worst isn't it? All four molars breaking through at the same time has got to hurt. No wonder she wants her Mamma and Daddy at night. The last couple nights she has been yelling out, or rather shrieking out, for "Mamma". Cute, but then again, not so cute at 2 or 3 in the morning.
Gabe got to spend this past weekend up in Seattle, Washington for his little brother's wedding! Congrats to Nick and Rebecca! I have been telling the girls that Uncle Nick got married to Aunt Rebecca.
I braved church all on my own with the two girls, while being 8 months pregnant, and made it ALL 3 HOURS! I seriously AM patting myself on the back, thank you very much! Although I am preeeetty sure there was some unseen help with me, keeping the girls calm. I was praying I would at least make it through Sacramant meeting. Happy Mother's Day to me! Then that evening I hosted Mother's Day dinner for the family, although I didnt cook much. I said, "have it here, you guys bring the food so I don't have to pack up the girls and go anywhere." haha. I'm guessing everyone had a great time, cuz ya'll didn't leave until after 8! Needless to say the girls didn't get baths that night. Diner was delicious though, I didnt want to cook. I made dessert at least. I kind of forgot about the clean up though. Haha, oh well. I got it all clean before the night was over so Gabe wouldn't come home to a dirty house and kitchen. Although, I have to admit, I haven't done the dishes since that night. The weekend chaos hit me yesterday and I was pretty much useless for anything. Gabe was nice and made me what I was craving. Fettucinni Alfredo with broccoli. Mmm, thanks Gabe. Otherwise I think I would have gone to bed hungry. Nothing else sounded good.
Gabe said the wedding was great and that I would have loved the spinach dip. He could of just not told me about it, because I was super jealous. I LOVE spinach dip. Thanks a lot Gabe. ;)
I wish the girls and I could have gone. Nick and Rebecca, you guys looked lovely! Lovely, Lovely. (Think Miss Bates from the movie Emma.)
In other news, we still have not picked a name. I can't believe how hard it is to pick a boys name!! Argh! I've gone through geneology and family names, Tolkien literature names, old old old names, modern names, and just nuthin' stands out right now.

HELP!

1 comment:

lisa c. said...

Did you really say Tolkien Literature names? Smaug, Legolas...