Feb 22, 2013

No Sense of Time

These past several months have completely flown by. That's no excuse for not keeping up with the blog but it is unfortunately the only reason I have. I just can't keep track of time.

November came and went in a flash. Gabe had a week off for Thanksgiving and we enjoyed a lovely time at Kiel and Melissa's house with our family, minus the Browns in Utah, and with some of Melissa's side of the family. The food was delicious and we had a great time. But anyone else notice that the holidays just seem like soo much work now a days? I can't imagine all the planning and stress it was for you Melissa by hosting guests and hosting the dinner and everything, because I was stressed enough. It seems like you never get the time you'd like to just sit and chat with other adults like we used to when we were single or just married because once the kids come along, it a constant fight to make sure they are not getting into they shouldn't at another person's house or not breaking something. The conversations with other adults always get cut short with a, "hold on, I hear a child crying. Is that yours or mine?" or "Hold on, I need to go check and see if my kid is behaving herself." Seems like a lot of the time our time is now all the kids time with very little adult interaction at all. I can't even remember anything that was talked about over that particular holiday, except for the occasional drama from kids or family. That always seems to be remembered.
Christmas was nice and low key. We stayed here and did our own little Christmas Eve dinner which was delicious. Gabe made a great turkey! Christmas morning was fun and the girls loved their toys and treats. I wish I had taken some pictures. But I wasn't feeling the best as I was still having bad morning sickness then. We went to Kiel and Melissa's for a little Christmas dinner with them and had a fun quiet evening while the kids played.
Sophie turned 1 year old! My girls are soo big now. Sophie is still in the 95% for everything but weight. The little bean pole. Tall and skinny. She and Sydney just play all the time, laugh together all the time, and just have the greatest of times. Until of course one of them gets in the others way. Then its a nightmare. These girls have some big sets of lungs because the screaming at one another is glass shattering sometimes.

^ sorry if this makes someone uncomfortable. 
Its just anatomy 
We found out in January that we are having a BOY!! We couldn't be happier. We would have of course loved to have another girl but we also were secretly hoping for a boy! I found a bumper for the crib that is for a boy already and we have green and blue crib sheets so we are set for the crib. I also just got a used glider and ottoman off of this swap and sale home goods group on facebook for our area and the lady gave it to me for free! I can't wait to get started on cleaning it up and using it while I cuddle and hold my little kiddos. I love them soo much and I love how they just love to cuddle and read books and sing songs all day long. Most of the things like car seats and jumpers and pack n' play stuff we bought in nuetral colors in the very beginnning so we are good on those. Th only thing we dont have for the poor guy are clothes!! And diapers, and maybe a few cars and trains. I'm probably forgetting some other things too but I'm kind of getting worried about the clothes. Hopefully I can get a hold of my twin sisters clothes from when Logan was small and borrow some. (she already offered :) Thanks Brig)
We also found out that our due date has been moved up by 10 days. So the Due Date is now June 19th. I'm 23 1/2 weeks along now and feeling like I'm in the end stages already, haha. Hopefully I will be able to go with Gabe and Sydney to Gabe's brother Nick's wedding up in Washington in the beginning of May. But our Dr says that if things continue the way they are going, that we might end of having this baby first week or so of June! If so, then Sophie and I will have a nice weekend together, but miss Daddy and sister Sydney lots while they are up there. We'll know more at the 30 week ultrasound if I can go or not.
We are doing great and enjoying our new apartment/townhouse. We moved out of that smoke filled place at the end of December and we have loved being here. I wish we had found it earlier. Its a great location and easy walking distance to everything, which we take advantage often. 
We switched wards unknowingly when we moved. I was convinced we were still in CV3 but we figured that the Lord wanted us in CV2. We tried really hard to find a place within CV3 and moved thinking we were still in it, so there must be a reason we needed to switch wards. Gabe was released from being Ward Mission Leader but I got to keep my calling since it is with the youth and the youth are combined between the two wards anyway. Gabe now is the Sunday school teacher for the 15/16 year olds. I think he likes it. Teaching is something Gabe really enjoys and he is a great teacher. Plus it helps when you are constantly reading book. Good books, like he does. Books that make you think and reflect. I wish I could focus long enough to finish one of those books but I still seem to read young adult books. Easy reads. I'm working on it. :)

Anyway, I hope this year we can reach some of our goals and we hope you all do to! Keep working hard on them and enjoy it!




No comments: