Aug 2, 2012

Small World

The other day we went hiking after buying a new hiking pack for Sophie to be in. The baby infant carrier that we had was getting a little snug and it was starting to hurt my back a little. Sophie is quite the above average size infant, so we needed something that would support her weight without the strain to my back and shoulders. So I looked on Craigslist to see what it had to offer. We already have this for Sydney:


 
And I found this:
for Sophie. It was perfect. Like new, almost in mint condition for only $40 bucks.
I called up the number of the person selling it, his name is Doug. He said it was still available. So I said I would take it and be by around 6 to pick it up and pay for it.
Gabe comes home and I show him the posting of the backpack and we get the girls together and go to this guy's house near Alamo. I gave Gabe the cash as we pull up to his driveway and tell him to just go get it and I'll stay in the car with the girls. When Doug answers the door I bursted out laughing. Glad I was in the car then. Mr Meek! My 7th grade Math teacher. I am sort of glad Gabe went up to the door now. What a small world! 14 years and he looked exactly the same. Then I started thinking, "How does a teacher afford to live in Alamo?"
I'm still wondering about that... must have married a woman who isn't on a teachers salary here. Anyway, we headed off to our favorite trail, that we have yet to get to the end of; the Diablo Falls Loop trail. We haven't had the time to get to the water fall yet. We would need to have a good 4 hours to get there and back but we never have enough sun light for it. We almost made it 3/4 of the way there the other day. Thank goodness for smartphones and GPS which will track how far we have gone and how far we are from the falls. I think that is one of the features I would actually use on a smartphone if I had one.
It was a fun hike and sooo much easier! We switched between packs to see which one best fit us and by the end I ended up using the new one with Sophie and Gabe was using the one we already had with Sydney. It just fit better and I swear that new pack was made just for me. It was perfect and I hardly felt any strain whatsoever on my back and shoulders. 
Here we are on our little hike... Gabe was making a funny smile on purpose. He actually took a string of funny pictures all on his own, which surprised me. But I won't post them all. He may not forgive me for that =P

Now we can't wait to go hiking up at Tahoe when we go with Kiel and Melissa in 3 weeks for a couple days! What fun hiking we will have up there and playing at the lake! I can't wait! We haven't been since our Honeymoon 3 years ago. (Holy smokes)

No comments: