Aug 2, 2012

Door Stopper

The other night I gave the girls their baths and after I got Sophie all cleaned up and dried, dressed and done, I set her down on the floor in the girl's room while I finished with Sydney. I started hearing the most adorable giggling! Oh my goodness it was sooo cute! I looked around the corner of the bathroom right into the girl's room and saw Sophie playing with the door stopper, pulling it to where it would twing and rattle and stop, then she would pull it again. It was the most amusing thing to her and she discovered it all on her own, which made finding her giggling like that all the more funny. I grabbed my camera and took a video of it.

Sydney had a friend over the other day while her parents were working on their new house they just bought. So I offered to watch her so they could get more done. We only have one car and since Gabe was at work and I couldn't go over to help them and bring the girls with me, I just offered for them to drop Macy off and have her play at our house so they could get more done. Its a beautiful little house and I am totally envious of the the stage they are in, being able to buy a home. Every couples dream I think. But of course the wait time and restraint and learning and saving stage is I think important and I am glad to still be in that stage. There is soo much I still need to learn and develop when it comes to budgets and saving and all that and I am learning a lot. Buut, how fun it will be to paint the walls the colors I want, decide if I want hardwood or carpet, decorate how I want, do the landscaping I want without asking approval or having to answer to someone else. Not a huge fan of HOA's but I may decide differently when we buy a house. Who knows? Like I said, I still have a lot to learn on the house buying front.
Thats why we have pinterest right? To dream and pin what we one day would like to have.

Sydney started potty training yesterday. Lets say we have had two successful number 1's and the floor or underwear she is wearing, or both, have won the rest. But she has been asking to sit on the potty a lot, and knows how to get up and down on it by herself with her little stepping stool she has, and she at least will sit on it. I think the score is Wins: 2 Loses: 9 so far in the last 24 hours. She had a diaper on at night and during her naptime. I don't know if that is what I am supposed to do but I don't want to deal with having to clean up a mattress since we might have to give that one to Celia when she comes home in August. Not sure yet. So I'm taking all possible routes to keep it clean. I think we need a plastic cover no matter what though. But we will be buying either a new mattress for us or for Sydney come the end of the month.

We have been incredibly blessed with work this Summer. As many of you know, Summer work is not in Gabe's contract, although his company would find it for him, but we would be traveling all summer if he did take it. He works a full years salary during the school year. So Gabe finds his own work at Nursing Facilities or Homes and we have been blessed with hours, sometimes more than what we "want" but the Lord knows that we need it and we are willing to do them. I have also worked a week and a half at Dr Blatter's office already, filling in when I am needed and luckily those hours have come when Gabe's schedule isn't as busy as it can be. This past week Gabe has been working 10 hour days. I have a week coming up where I'll be filling in again for my friend at Dr Blatter's. Its been nice to have a little bit extra $$ so we can take a couple days off at the end of Summer before school starts again to go to Tahoe with Kiel and Melissa for a  couple days with the kids.

1 comment:

Celia's Gibberish said...

So cute! I can't wait to live close by to you guys!